Hi

Brandonc2

Nov 8, 2018
Hello , my name is brandon, a 24 year old from Ontario, Canada . I don’t know if it’s MCI that I have or early-onset dimentia but I’m in desperate need of help to reclaim my cognitive abilities and take my mind beyond My current capabilities. I’ve started by reading dr. Dale E Bredesen’s book “the end of Alzheimer’s” and I have some questions. Like where should I start? Health care here is free but from my understanding it’s a little limited. I’ve began exercising, eating whole wheat instead of white , taking fish oils, eating spinach and fish , I’m in school, I eat almonds and dark chocolate, and I’ve just began taking turmeric and cinnamon. What are the next steps I can take to improve my mental capacity and make it so I can have proper functioning conversations. Also memorise stuff very easily, specifically I’m looking for supplements, food or advice that regards my Canadian standing, like where can I go to get tested and what would I get tested for ? Thank you !

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Brandonc2
welcome to TP
I don't know the systems in Canada, here in the UK I'd suggest you visit your General Practitioner, the doctor you are registered with locally to make appointments to discuss general health issues
they may well do blood tests to look at your levels of certain vitamins eg B12, consider whether you are suffering from stress or depression, check your thyroid and look into your overall abilities
it may be worth writing down all your concerns before your appointment, thinking of what you are less able to do for yourself compared to 6 months, 1 year ago - maybe chat with your friends and family to get their take on how you are
here's a link to the main AS site which has lots of info which may help you
https://www.alzheimers.org.uk