Hi im researching for my disertation

Discussion in 'Researchers, students and professionals' started by msdynamitenurse, Oct 6, 2006.

1. msdynamitenurse

msdynamitenurse Registered User

Oct 6, 2006
    west-yorkshire
    Hi. i was wondering if anyone could help me. im a 3rd year adult nursing student who is currently researching about dementia and pain control/ethics for my final year project. if anyone has any idea where i can collect some really good research articles and information to help me that would be brilliant.

thanks again x:) :p

2. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
  3. Jodie Lucas

Jodie Lucas Registered User

Dec 3, 2005
    Eastbourne
    research info

Hi there,

I don't know how your university is stocked in terms of journals/data bases, but here are some useful journals:

Geriatric psychiatry
    international journal geriatric psychiatry
    nursing older people
    ageing and mental health
    age and ageing
    dementia

Also try searching using key word in google scholar and other databases such as science direct, pub med, amed, cinahl etc. When i did my final year research on dementia last year many of the nursing journals proved to be helpful.

Hope that helps.

Jodie

4. cem74

cem74 Registered User

Oct 24, 2006
    perth scotland
    May be of interest try talking to mcmillan nurses as they use different pain assessment tools some of which involve non verbal communication