Hi, I’m new to forums.

Deb57

Feb 8, 2019
I was recommended to this forum by a Cruse pre-bereavement counsellor. My husband has advanced dementia and is nearing the end of his life, being completely immobile since Christmas. He is 66. He was diagnosed in 2005 and I cared for him at home until 3 years ago when it became unmanageable. Since then, he has deteriorated more rapidly. He has no communication at all and shows no awareness of anyone or anything around him. This has been the case for about 9 months. I feel so sad.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Deb57, you are welcome here and I hope you find the forum to be a supportive place.

The membership has great collective experience and knowledge so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

In the meantime I hope you have Time to look around the site as it is a goldmine for information.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello @Deb57 and welcome to the forum.

Your husband is so young. No wonder you feel so sad. I’m glad you’ve found Talking Point. I hope it helps to share here. I know you will find lots of help and support on the forum.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
What a long time this dreadful illness has continued for you both. To look after him by yourself must have been very hard and left you worn down physically and emotionally. To lose someone to the illness so young is brutal and I hope you have support from friends or family to get though the next period. Please come back and talk through your experience if that helps.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Dear Debs, I feel so sorry for you, it is such a shockingly young age, you must feel so heartbroken.
I trust you find will some comfort on here. Warmest wishes Alice

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey