Hi everyone, from 'the sky's the limit'.

The sky's the limit

Dec 8, 2023
On the 16th November my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. We're trying to take it in at the moment. I think he's had Alzheimer's for 2 years before he was diagnosed, I had seen changes in his personal care and personality. I know everyone says it, but why does it happen.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @The sky's the limit and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. I am sorry to hear about your husband. It is often the case that changes occur well before diagnosis. I can't answer your question directly - no-one can - but plenty of our members (like me) have experience of Alzheimer's Disease. We can certainly help you deal with all the practical matters that need to be taken into account. Please come back here anytime you have questions, have something you want to share, or need to let off steam.

A diagnosis can seem devastating but can also help in mapping out future care needs. Your husband isn't changed by the diagnosis but, inevitably will change with the progression of dementia. We can offer you support to deal with those changes.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @The sky's the limit and welcome from me too to this supportive forum, I am glad you have found us.
I'm sorry to read of your husband's very recent diagnosis. It comes as a shock even if you were half expecting it.
Do please use the forum to ask any particular questions you may have, as members here really do want to help.

The sky's the limit

Dec 8, 2023
Hi @The sky's the limit and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. I am sorry to hear about your husband. It is often the case that changes occur well before diagnosis. I can't answer your question directly - no-one can - but plenty of our members (like me) have experience of Alzheimer's Disease. We can certainly help you deal with all the practical matters that need to be taken into account. Please come back here anytime you have questions, have something you want to share, or need to let off steam.

A diagnosis can seem devastating but can also help in mapping out future care needs. Your husband isn't changed by the diagnosis but, inevitably will change with the progression of dementia. We can offer you support to deal with those changes.
Thank you so much, it's nice to know there's people that can help and talk to .