Here's my big regret

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Yes I do agree you are probably right, angelface. The demons do return from time to time and haunt you with the decisions you would've made differently if you could turn back the clock. I need to stop "What iffing" and just accept what happened, happened.

Thanks Grove for your care and concern, as with everyone. x:)

thecurs1

Jan 3, 2013
I understand too

I'm so sorry you feel these things going round in your head. I understand completely and I know how difficult it is when people say you did your best. It's true, we do our best, but sometimes even knowing it doesn't really touch the guilt we feel despite all kindness and care. My thoughts go out to you.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Ah, thank you so much. That's so kind of you. I do feel better for writing it all down. It has made me feel like I got a weight off my chest. Hope you don't feel guilty about anything either. The old guilt monster. It gives me a kick from time to time. X

grobertson62

Mar 7, 2011
Sheffield
Hello Pied
We have had a tough time. Questions that we want black and white answers to.
Trouble is every thing connected with this disease isnt black and white there are shades of grey
You know in your heart you did everything you could with the information you had at the time.
Second guessing and playing what if wont help.
You were and are a fab daughter you could not have done more.
So kick the guilt monster in to touch once more.
Wishing you peace
Gill

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thank you Gill. I have these moments every couple of weeks where I feel like howling - but they pass. Sometimes I just think how very sad it all is and it feels overwhelming. It's usually some little thing that sets me off - a painful memory or usually the blooming cream cakes in the supermarket. Or I will remember mum's smile.
Hope you are keeping ok too. X

grobertson62

Mar 7, 2011
Sheffield
Thank you Gill. I have these moments every couple of weeks where I feel like howling - but they pass. Sometimes I just think how very sad it all is and it feels overwhelming. It's usually some little thing that sets me off - a painful memory or usually the blooming cream cakes in the supermarket. Or I will remember mum's smile.
Hope you are keeping ok too. X

Pied. Its at times like that i remember a song. Dont cry for me my body is now made whole.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We did the best we could with information we had for both our parents. The biggest and best thing we did was LOVE them. Love them stillremembe forvthem there is no more pain and sufferring.

Take care Gill

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Pied I feel for you so much after reading these thread. I really don't know what to say but you sound a lovely daughter.(((((cuddles)))))from me to you.a Ad person to a carer.

Peter&Jean Pookie