Help With Putting Photo's On / CONFUSED

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Everybody , Would like to "Upload " some Photo's & have some on in "My Folder " but am a bit :mad: & very :confused::confused: because do not how to get them from My Folder ( put them into a Zip ) into the Manage Attachements "Box " This is the first time put Photos onto T P since the "Big Revamp " ( Have instructions for the old method ) Am the type of person that needs "Step by step " instructions please

Thank for your help & when move photo from My Folder into the Manage Attachement Box it just will not stay there :confused:

Love Grove x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Grove,

This is what I do. I use the files that are on my computer and not necessarily stored on TP. Find the pictures on your computer. Click on manage attachments and retrieve them from the place you store them on your computer.

Hope this helps.

Love

p.s. When you click on manage attachments you will need to click on the ADD FILES on the right hand top

Last edited:

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Dear Grove,

This is what I do. I use the files that are on my computer and not necessarily stored on TP. Find the pictures on your computer. Click on manage attachments and retrieve them from the place you store them on your computer.

Hope this helps.

Love

p.s. When you click on manage attachments you will need to click on the ADD FILES on the right hand top

I found I had to resize all mine make them smaller before they would go on

Jeany x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thank You Helen 33

Thank you Helen 33 for your very kind help & for some odd reason its not letting me do it ! ? Use Windows 7 if that helps any body who wants to advise me thank you & it is the right size etc Very :confused: & frustrated because not able to do it !

Love Grove x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Grove,

I'm hopeless at this but I've just had a go, (it crashed me off TP 1st time but second time has worked. Hope it helps.

1. Click on paperclip and paper i.e. attachments - new window 'file upload manager' opens

2. Clcik add files in top right and corner - new window 'upload photos from your computer/website' opens

3. Click 'select files' (at bottom of window 2. )- opens new window of your computer files

4. Find your photos folder and click on the photos you want to upload - they then should be seen in window 2. above

5. Click 'Upload files' in bottom of window from 2.

6. Click select all at bottom of window 2. (where it says attachments) then click insert line 005.JPG

That's what I did to insert this image so next time I want to I'll come back to my own instructions!

Good lukc

Sue

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
Just want to add that you will probably need to unzip the zip folder (on your PC) so you can see the individual images.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Sue J & Chemmy & Thank You

Thank you very much Sue J for you very kind:) Post in telling me how to put a Photo onto T P & also for the FAB Photo :) Have been able to "upload " 1 Photo :) but not been able to do put Photo 2 on

Chemmy ......Thank you very much for your advice also & had lots of "normal Photo's " so used those rather than the Zip ones

Best Wishes to you both

Love Grove x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thank You Sue J

Wow Sue lovely Photo's :) you are very good with the Camera ! & yes what you said about "uploading photo's " agree with all you said :) & have made my mind up its gremlins :( :D on T P or my P C ! ! & its makes me a bit MAD ! !

Will just keep on trying ! & if you go onto my "Rocking Horse " Thread you see the Horse drying after Dad glued it ! :)

Hope you are ok & you have a good day

Love Grove x x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I was advised to use 'Paint' in the Accessories to make the photos a more manageable size before uploading on to the 'Attachments'. Hope this helps.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I struggled at first with this too Grove!

Before you upload them into your photo manager, you will need to make them smaller.

1. Go to Start on your computer (very bottom left button)
2. Click on All Programmes and from the list choose 'Accessories' then 'Paint'
3. Open your picture from your computer file and from the Home page go to second from left box, and choose 'resize and skew' (second symbol down in second column, big box and small box beneath it)
4. Choose Pixels and depending on whether the photo is portrait or landscape, change the horizontal size, if landscape I normally put in about 500, then the vertical will change automatically.
5. Choose 'Save As' so you can save the smaller copy rather than changing your original, i.e 'Rocking horse small' and then upload to the TP manage photos as above!

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing your photos! x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks for this thread Grove

Thanks all, here's one I took a lot earlier and hopefully resized OK025 half.jpg Isn't it easy when you know how? Thanks for the instructions Dazmum

Still a bit big!

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
For Sue J

Very :) :) to help Sue & glad:) you have found it hepful & love your photo's are they in your local area ? Love the Tree & the blue sky !

That is what T P is all about helping each other & its good we have the "Tea Room " :) to relax etc ( did a Poem about Dad & Wood Work in 2010 ? ) Will have to Post it again !

Hope you are ok & hope you have a nice day tommorow

Best Wishes

Love Grove x x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Lovely pics Sue. Mine went up and down in size like yo-yos when I first started putting them on too. I think the difference in sizes might be due to how big they are in the first place, which is why I reduce mine by pixels instead of percentages, percentages are maths and maths and I don't mix!! :D

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks Grove glad you like the photos yes they are in my local area, I can't go too far since this condition kicked in. Camera is something good, when outer surroundings are distressing looking through a lens at something beautiful focusses the eye and at the time, the mind too and when stuck indoors you have them to look through, bringing the outside in. The computer logistics are another thing! That tree is beautiful in autumn, it's a silver birch and looks like raining gold on sunny day.

Saw your Dad's rocking horse it is so beautiful, wonderful how he has crafted it.:)

Dazmum, I don't seem to have the option in 'Paint' to reduce by pixels:confused: But maths is no too bad for me so as long as it works in % I'm probably better off without the pixies!:p

Quiet day in today, bad night, high temp again, never mind. Hope you have good day too.
Love
Sue

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Everybody , Am "starting this up again " as there was a T P 'er who wanted some help / advice on how to make Photo's Smaller !

Hope this helps

Love Grove x