1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Help with overgrown Garden in London

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Tufty, May 16, 2015.

1. Tufty

Tufty Registered User

Jul 18, 2014
    Bristol
    My Mum has Alzheimer's, Dad multiple physical problems. Garden has been neglected and is in a mess. I have a vague memory that Dad had a lead on a charitable trust, or similar, that would do a "one off" clean up of such a garden, at a fairly cheap price, but after that family needed to do the maintenance or pay someone to do it.

Neither Dad nor I can find where he made a note of the contact for this. :confused:

Is this ringing bells with anyone?

If it is relevant, they are in the London Borough of Waltham Forest.

2. Not so Rosy

Not so Rosy Registered User

Nov 30, 2013
    #2 Not so Rosy, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    Age UK do a subsidised gardening service, each area seems to have its own website.

Sorry just checked and Waltham Forest doesn't list gardening as one of their services.

3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Some areas use community service 'pay back' to do this sort of thing.

4. dora

dora Registered User

Aug 1, 2007
    England
  5. Tufty

Tufty Registered User

Jul 18, 2014
    Bristol
    Thanks

(belated) thanks for those who replied. I'm e ploring a couple of the avenues mentioned here.