Help us spread the word about Talking Point!

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Have you found support here on Talking Point? Would you like to give something back and help us spread the word?

One of our volunteer moderators, Sylvia (AKA Grannie G) and her late husband, Dhiren, appear on the cover of our promotional leaflets for Talking Point. You can distribute these in lots of places around your local community, including your GP surgery, hospital, care home and library. Before doing this, you may need to ask for permission first. If you have any other ideas about good places to leave them, feel free to let us know!

You can order hard copies here or if you prefer, you can download one and print it off yourself here.

By circulating these leaflets, you'll be helping to reach even more people affected by dementia.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• sylvia and dhiren - leaflet cover.jpg
    sylvia and dhiren - leaflet cover.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Dentists, churches and other places of worship, school parents' noticeboards, community boards in stores and newsagent advertising boards spring to mind.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I've put some in my pharmacy, library, and Day Centre, and some in the hallway in front of our memory clinic which shares that space with the Alzheimer's Society (who funnily enough had never seen this leaflet). I am going to take the remaining ones to a care home on Saturday.

Rheme

Nov 23, 2013
England
Why not put some in the Information Points of Shopping Centres and local council Information City Centre offices.

dumpygirl

Nov 20, 2013
derbyshire
Have you found support here on Talking Point? Would you like to give something back and help us spread the word?

One of our volunteer moderators, Sylvia (AKA Grannie G) and her late husband, Dhiren, appear on the cover of our promotional leaflets for Talking Point. You can distribute these in lots of places around your local community, including your GP surgery, hospital, care home and library. Before doing this, you may need to ask for permission first. If you have any other ideas about good places to leave them, feel free to let us know!

You can order hard copies here or if you prefer, you can download one and print it off yourself here.

By circulating these leaflets, you'll be helping to reach even more people affected by dementia.

Thank you :)

Hello HarriotD

I have just requested 100 copies of this lovely leaflet. Although I have been a regular attender at the local (Swadlincote) Branch of the Alzeimers Carers Support Group
it is amazing how many members are not aware of TP so I will give some of the leaflets to the Derby Branch and also put some in our doctors surgery.
I think it is a lovely photograph of GrannieG and her late husband. Would love to meet her as everyone speaks so highly of her.
Take care.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hello HarriotD

I have just requested 100 copies of this lovely leaflet. Although I have been a regular attender at the local (Swadlincote) Branch of the Alzeimers Carers Support Group
it is amazing how many members are not aware of TP so I will give some of the leaflets to the Derby Branch and also put some in our doctors surgery.
I think it is a lovely photograph of GrannieG and her late husband. Would love to meet her as everyone speaks so highly of her.
Take care.

Hi dumpygirl,

Thanks so much for requesting TP leaflets, and apologies for the delay - unfortunately for some reason we didn't receive your original request. Sorry about that! Would you mind emailing talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk with your preferred address, and I'll get them sent out as soon as possible?

A big thanks to the rest of you for your helpful suggestions :)

Best wishes,

Harriet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5