Help - trackers

angelah80

Nov 22, 2018
My father in law has dementia and he has started wandering. He will sometimes go out of hours and it isn’t usually concerning as he usually goes to the same place and usually comes back. However more recently he has gone further afield not returning and we have had to involve the police. I have heard about trackers for people with Alzheimer’s so you can see where they are when they are out and about but have no idea which one to purchase. Does anybody have any advice please? Thank you

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
The best idea would be to contact Social Services for a needs and carers assessment. Their telecare team can give you a tracker for free if he is deemed to need one.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @angelah80, welcome to the forum.

Contacting Social Services is a good idea and the Society Factsheet about the needs assessment can be read by clicking the PDF line of the following link

Assessment for care and support in England (418)
PDF printable version

I use a 'find my phone' app on my phone to keep a tab on my wife when she goes out alone. She doesn't know how to use it as a phone but likes to play games on it so is happy to take it with her at all times.