Help please?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Welcome to TP. Any negative experience could impact on someone's wellbeing. Can you add a little more context so that people can comment more, for example what sort of activity are you referring to and how did it impact negatively?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @HEATHERLOUISE16
welcome to TP
that's quite a question - and without an example I'm at a loss how to reply - except it may well affect someone, we are complicated beings

HEATHERLOUISE16

Apr 3, 2018
Welcome to TP. Any negative experience could impact on someone's wellbeing. Can you add a little more context so that people can comment more, for example what sort of activity are you referring to and how did it impact negatively?
hello @HEATHERLOUISE16
welcome to TP
that's quite a question - and without an example I'm at a loss how to reply - except it may well affect someone, we are complicated beings
Thanks for getting back to me... for example a painting activity?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
It's difficult to comment too much without knowing details of the individual concerned as those with dementia are all individuals so what affects one person may well not affect another. I suppose if someone didn't want to take part in an activity, or didn't want to mix with others in a group activity, they may feel unhappy. Or the subject of the painting might affect them if it brought back unpleasant memories, but as everyone is different it's really difficult to answer such a wide ranging question. Do you have a specific example you can tell us about? Was someone you know affected negatively as a result of a painting activity? What happened?