Help ! Panicing a bit

JudesL

Sep 8, 2023
Been having test and my l
Ctt show
Latest on my nhs page

SEVERE SMALL VESSEL DISEASE ALONG WITH MILD TO MODERATE CEREBRAL ATROPHY WITH NO SPECIFIC PATTERN

I have to wait two weeks to see doctor , head everywhere,
Does this diagnosis mean i have dementia or am likely to get it
Thanks

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @JudesL and welcome to Talking Point. I am sorry to read that you are going to have to wait two weeks to see your doctor, this must be so worrying for you.
We are not able to make any diagnosis here on Talking Point as we are not medically trained. I wonder if it would be helpful for you to contact your own GP for advice and to explain how you feel.
Please keep in contact with us when you have heard more about your diagnosis.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
How frightening to leave u with that info and make u wait 2 weeks. Can u call ur GP practice and see if they can help you sooner And explain how frightening it is for you?

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Hello @JudesL. That will be a long 2 weeks for you. What sort of test did you have? Hope you don't mind saying. I have many symptoms of cerebral small vessel disease but have not been tested for it. My understanding is that cerebral small vessel disease shares many similar symptoms but progresses more slowly and is not in itself dementia.
Can u call ur GP practice and see if they can help you sooner And explain how frightening it is for you?

That sounds like a good idea. Don't forget to report back. Good luck!

JudesL

Sep 8, 2023
Tbh i dont even remember what test i had . I did go for a scan but had no clue what for, nothing sticks in my mind ? and had awful results , finally saw a doctor who was truly awful, showed him my letter and said id like to know what this is, he flicked it over and said thats a letter ! At that point any trust i might have had was gone. Everything i inquired about he shrugged away as anxiety. I came out feeling worst then when i went in. So, i messaged my consultant and also made another app, different doctor. Far better experience. It has been explained no true diagnosis until i get a memory test and those results. But it was implied it was most likely dementia, and in my heart i know this. It just sucks, the anxiety is awful, not for me, but for my family , i dont want this for them , but i guess no one does ?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Tbh i dont even remember what test i had . I did go for a scan but had no clue what for, nothing sticks in my mind ? and had awful results , finally saw a doctor who was truly awful, showed him my letter and said id like to know what this is, he flicked it over and said thats a letter ! At that point any trust i might have had was gone. Everything i inquired about he shrugged away as anxiety. I came out feeling worst then when i went in. So, i messaged my consultant and also made another app, different doctor. Far better experience. It has been explained no true diagnosis until i get a memory test and those results. But it was implied it was most likely dementia, and in my heart i know this. It just sucks, the anxiety is awful, not for me, but for my family , i dont want this for them , but i guess no one does ?
Oh @JudesL what an awful experience at the GPS, the way they spoke to you was really out of line.
In the meantime all you can do is take everything one step at a time. Keep posting here as you will get lots of support.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry the doctor was so rude to you - it was completely uncalled for.
Im glad you found another one who was more sympathetic
Try not to look to far into the future

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jes879