Hello

Koalabear2

Jul 11, 2024
Hi, my name is Liz. My mum moved into a nursing home a couple of months ago as she couldn’t look after herself anymore. She just seems so sad nowadays and gets distressed. I’m struggling to sleep at night as I feel guilty and worried about her. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this forum and thought it’d help to hear other people’s stories

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
Hi, my name is Liz. My mum moved into a nursing home a couple of months ago as she couldn’t look after herself anymore. She just seems so sad nowadays and gets distressed. I’m struggling to sleep at night as I feel guilty and worried about her. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this forum and thought it’d help to hear other people’s stories
Hello and welcome to the forum where you'll get plenty of support. Mum also in advanced stage and in nursing home.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Koalabear2.

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. It’s good that you’ve found this forum. You’ll find lots of support and understanding here.

BarbD1958

May 29, 2024
Hi, and welcome it’s a great place to get advice, learn so much just by reading other people’s posts, vent without judgement and find someone else awake worrying at 3.30am..
looking at care homes for my brother this weekend, don't feel too bad about your mum she’s safe and cared for