Hello

Frandy

Apr 23, 2024
Hi Everyone
I’ve joined the forum as I’m on an emotional rollercoaster with my mum who’s has mixed vascular dementia, Alzheimers and had a stoke, she is non verbal and non mobile, so sad 😢

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Frandy and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. Sorry to hear about your mum, my mum is late stage too and it's definitely an emotional rollercoaster, not knowing what to expect from one week to the next. It's good that you've found us, you will find friendly support here, and a lot of shared experience. People understand and it's a safe place to express how you feel, ask questions, or just have a vent if you need to.

Frandy

Apr 23, 2024
Hi Louise, thank you, I’m so glad there’s people I can talk too, I visit her as often as I live 45 minutes away from her nursing home, she came out of hospital 2 weeks ago after aspirating on stage 4 puréed and liquids, she was fast tracked after leaving hospital, I’ve been trying to research into if she’s been fast tracked wondering why they have stopped the NHS-NFC? at the care home 🤷‍♀️

backin

Feb 6, 2024
Hi Louise, thank you, I’m so glad there’s people I can talk too, I visit her as often as I live 45 minutes away from her nursing home, she came out of hospital 2 weeks ago after aspirating on stage 4 puréed and liquids, she was fast tracked after leaving hospital, I’ve been trying to research into if she’s been fast tracked wondering why they have stopped the NHS-NFC? at the care home 🤷‍♀️
? Because she was in hospital, FNC may be halted? I remember having to reapply for attendance allowance when mum went into hospital, red tape that shouldn't be needed!

Frandy

Apr 23, 2024
? Because she was in hospital, FNC may be halted? I remember having to reapply for attendance allowance when mum went into hospital, red tape that shouldn't be needed!
Yes Louise there does seem to be too much unnecessary red tape, it’s so hard to get our heads around everything 😔