Hello

Seabream

Mar 28, 2024
Just joining in. Husband has had Parkinsons for 12 years but now clearly has dementia and it's becoming difficult to deal with. He can be aggressive, has wandered off and been brought back by neighbours, mixes up his medication but becomes unpleasant when I get involved, he has started to accuse me repeatedly of wanting other men - it goes on. I'm sitting in a car in a car park because I had to get out of the house. I don't know what to do.

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
I am so sorry. I wish I have something miraculous to say. I am filling up at the thought of you in your car. Had to reply.
I think I would find the aggression hard to cope with.
Could you have another GP visit just for you? I think it’s time to discuss carer burnout with your health professionals

Seabream

Mar 28, 2024
I am so sorry. I wish I have something miraculous to say. I am filling up at the thought of you in your car. Had to reply.
I think I would find the aggression hard to cope with.
Could you have another GP visit just for you? I think it’s time to discuss carer burnout with your health professionals
Thank you Sue, for those kind words and your good advice. I'll ring on Tuesday morning to try to get an appointment. I've had a good cry now and I'll head back .

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome, please don't put yourself in any danger, social services will have helpline, you could call the helpline on here, possibly.
Zero tolerance to violence, please stay safe. K

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Seabream and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. Twelve years is a long time to be caring for someone and now that there may be dementia in the mix it is obviously more difficult for both you and your husband. It is not clear from your post if your husband has been formally diagnosed with dementia and if not i would suggest that you contact his GP to discuss your fears. @SherwoodSue has also given you good advice to discuss your own health with your GP, you are also important.
Do you have any help caring for your husband, if not, please contact your local adult social services to arrange a needs assessment for your husband and a carers assessment for yourself.
Please keep posting on the forum, to ask for advice or just to let off steam, our members really do want to help and are very knowledgeable about all aspects of dementia. You might find it useful to start a thread on the - I care for a partner with dementia - forum, I have attached a link below.

Seabream

Mar 28, 2024
Hello @Seabream and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. Twelve years is a long time to be caring for someone and now that there may be dementia in the mix it is obviously more difficult for both you and your husband. It is not clear from your post if your husband has been formally diagnosed with dementia and if not i would suggest that you contact his GP to discuss your fears. @SherwoodSue has also given you good advice to discuss your own health with your GP, you are also important.
Do you have any help caring for your husband, if not, please contact your local adult social services to arrange a needs assessment for your husband and a carers assessment for yourself.
Please keep posting on the forum, to ask for advice or just to let off steam, our members really do want to help and are very knowledgeable about all aspects of dementia. You might find it useful to start a thread on the - I care for a partner with dementia - forum, I have attached a link below.

[URL
Please keep posting on the forum, to ask for advice or just to let off steam, our members really do want to help and are very knowledgeable about all aspects of dementia. You might find it useful to start a thread on the - I care for a partner with dementia - forum, I have attached a link