Hello!

PoocieC

Mar 20, 2024
My name is Poocie! I'm the oldest daughter of my parents. My dad is in an alzheimers facility. He's 85 years old. Most days, he calls me by my brother's name, but I'm fine with that. We kept him at home for three years after his stroke, which brought the dementia to the fore. It was rough. After a lot of PT and OT, he returned to the gym, etc...though he had to use a walker. By the end of the year, his case had worsened to where he had to have help with his personal care daily. My mom was in tears DAILY!! After the in-home caregivers grew weary, we decided on an alzheimers facility. Even there, I'm there EVERY DAY!! I'm worn out from carrying the burden of both parents' declining mental and physical faculties. I just want to be around folks who can help me carry on. I'm 62 years old. My siblings are involved with their care as well. However, the OLDEST carries all of the family's baggage.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Just welcome and thank you for posting.
I'll resist the temptation to call you Dave, or whatever PoocieC. Thank you K

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @PoocieC and welcome

Caregiving is something you sort slide into and can be difficult to get out of. There is usually one person in the family who deals with it, Im sorry to say. But at least you are getting some help from family

We all understand here - you are among friends
xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdickson3012