Hello

Archiebishop

Feb 14, 2024
Hello everyone.
My wife and I have been married for 50 years this year. She was diagnosed with Alzheimers last January. At the moment she is able to function physically well, but so far her memory and reasoning is declining slowly but steadily. My reason for joining the forum is to seek guidance whether I am handling her care correctly and compassionately.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @Archiebishop and welcome to the forum

Do have a mooch around the forum and feel free to join in the conversations, although do remember that not everything you read about will happen to you/your wife. If you want to ask a question or talk about your own situation its best to start a new thread.
This is a very friendly site with a very large collective knowledge

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Archiebishop.

I’m so sorry to hear about your wife’s diagnosis. You’ve come to the right place for understanding and support. You can share your concerns, ask questions and just get things off your chest if your need to.

When you’re ready you might want to consider starting a thread in the I Have A Partner With Dementia aread of the forum -

Archiebishop

Feb 14, 2024
Hello @Archiebishop and welcome to the forum

Do have a mooch around the forum and feel free to join in the conversations, although do remember that not everything you read about will happen to you/your wife. If you want to ask a question or talk about your own situation its best to start a new thread.
This is a very friendly site with a very large collective knowledge
Thank you canary, for the welcome and guidance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debby Duplex