Hello

Helen CW

Feb 8, 2024
Hello. My name is Helen and I am the full time caretaker for my husband who was diagnosed with dementia, noticed about 4 yrs ago. He's under neurological and geriatric care but still thinks everything is fine. I'm glad to find this forum. He is 79 and I am 73 - we both have health issues but I'm not ready for assistance as he still hasn't accepted his diagnosis.

sheepfield

Feb 4, 2024
Hello Helen and welcome. I'm another newcomer on the forum and glad to have found it. My mother in law is currently waiting for a visit to the memory clinic.
I'm a member of a carers group as my husband is autistic and sometimes I feel like I'm his carer. I've come to realise that my needs matter too independently of my husband's needs.
It's good to discuss things related to memory and confusion etc here.

Helen CW

Feb 8, 2024
Hello Helen and welcome. I'm another newcomer on the forum and glad to have found it. My mother in law is currently waiting for a visit to the memory clinic.
I'm a member of a carers group as my husband is autistic and sometimes I feel like I'm his carer. I've come to realise that my needs matter too independently of my husband's needs.
It's good to discuss things related to memory and confusion etc here.
Thank you sheepfield, I agree about being grateful for this forum and have said more in this forum than I have said to anyone in the past 4 years. I don't know how to start a thread but will learn. I'm just happy to see so many of my own questions, thoughts, feelings represented here.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Helen CW.

I’m sorry to read about your husband’s diagnosis.

I’m glad that you have found this forum and are already finding it helpful. If you would like to start a new thread in the I Have A Partner With Dementia area of the forum just click on this link then click on the yellow ‘post thread’ button.