Hello!

Sash240631

Good evening.
My name is Sharon and I have just joined the group :)
My Mum has recently been diagnosed with Dementia and my Dad, her full time carer, is struggling. She has other health complications which have been on-going for many years.
I am hoping that this group will help with advice and information on some of the areas that he is finding difficult.
Look forward to being part of the group!

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Hi @Sash240631 and welcome to our supportive and friendly community. I am sorry to hear about your mum and know how hard it is to be a carer for someone with dementia.

This community helped me enormously when caring for my wife. I hope that the ideas, understanding and empathy you find here will help you to support your dad and plan for your mum's growing needs. Come here any time you have questions, to find solace in sharing or just to let off steam.

Sash240631

Hi @Sash240631 and welcome to our supportive and friendly community. I am sorry to hear about your mum and know how hard it is to be a carer for someone with dementia.

This community helped me enormously when caring for my wife. I hope that the ideas, understanding and empathy you find here will help you to support your dad and plan for your mum's growing needs. Come here any time you have questions, to find solace in sharing or just to let off steam.
Thank you so much for your message @northumbrian_k it means so much knowing there are people around to support and help. I am sure I will be posting regularly on here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendy.ferris