Hello to all fellow carers.

lacelady

Jun 15, 2024
My husband and I have been together for 57 years, Vascular and Lewis body dementia has impacted our lives for five years,altho due to lockdown there was a delay in diagnosis.
I have no family help,at the moment I am coping,but,I am so tired . I tried to get him into day care for some respite, he went for six weeks,but he was so upset, the team at the centre asked me to take him home.
😣😣

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome from me and I'm sure all of us on here.
It isn't easy, personally I never went down the respite care route so I have no experience of it, but others will, that said care homes and nursing homes and the level of behaviour they will accept and manage does vary so shop around for somewhere that can cope, at the end of the day you are a customer purchasing a product, strange way to look at purchasing care but they are taking your (someone's) money in payment, they are a business. K

takingstock

Jan 13, 2024
Lancashire
Hello, I'm fairly new to the forum, unfortunately I can't be of much help. My husband has been diagnosed with LBD, and I totally agree it is so tiring, he doesn't seem to have any interest in doing things and he relies on me to take him out. I hope you are successful in finding somewhere for him, I have thought of having someone come once or twice a week just so I can go out and not feel guilty. Good luck and stay strong

Fotoliza

May 28, 2023
My husband and I have been together for 57 years, Vascular and Lewis body dementia has impacted our lives for five years,altho due to lockdown there was a delay in diagnosis.
I have no family help,at the moment I am coping,but,I am so tired . I tried to get him into day care for some respite, he went for six weeks,but he was so upset, the team at the centre asked me to take him home.
😣😣
I wish you all the best. I can understand how hard it is to get the right kind of help. Have you sought any sit in service for the odd hour or two so you can have a break? Social services can allocate a few hours as a support for you or possibly make it ongoing depending on your circs.