Hello. Sadly my husband was diagnosed in September 2023

Pinkblush

Mar 21, 2024
My husband’s diagnosis wasn’t a surprise to me, he doesn’t understand what is happening, and it is certainly doing that fast. This is such a cruel disease.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Pinkblush.

I’m so sorry to read about your husband. You’re right it is an incredibly cruel disease.

I’m glad you’ve come to this forum. You will find understanding and support here. When you’re ready you might want to start a thread in the I Have A Partner With Dementia area of the forum. You could use it to tell us more about your situation, ask questions, share your concerns etc and it would help to keep all of your responses in one area.

Whatever you decide to do keep posting.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Pinkblush and just a welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum. Members here really do want to help, with sound advice and suggestions if you need any.
It is such a cruel disease, but you will never be alone here on the forum. Members understand the realities and complexities, and can offer support based on their own experience and knowledge.
Do also use the forum if you want to let off a bit of steam. Sometimes just putting things down on here can help.

Pinkblush

Mar 21, 2024
Hello @Pinkblush and just a welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum. Members here really do want to help, with sound advice and suggestions if you need any.
It is such a cruel disease, but you will never be alone here on the forum. Members understand the realities and complexities, and can offer support based on their own experience and knowledge.
Do also use the forum if you want to let off a bit of steam. Sometimes just putting things down on here can help.
Thank you. Yes it certainly is a cruel disease.

Pinkblush

Mar 21, 2024
I really didn’t think that my husband would be affected this fast, not eating much, lost so much weight, looks very frail. Doesn’t want to really do anything, Does anyone else partner/husband/wife take over an hour to eat a very small meal?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
I really didn’t think that my husband would be affected this fast, not eating much, lost so much weight, looks very frail. Doesn’t want to really do anything, Does anyone else partner/husband/wife take over an hour to eat a very small meal?
Hi @Pinkblush . Welcome to the forum.
My OH takes ages to eat too. He often complains that vegetables are cold and I tell him I'm not surprised as they've been on his plate 45 minutes . He does tend to finish but takes forever. Not quite at the losing weight stage but guess that's the next stage . X