Hello. My wife has early onset dementia

Coggy

Aug 11, 2023
Hi everyone, my wife was diagnosed with PCA at age 59 yrs. her birthday is coming up on 2nd February when she will be 68yrs. is there anyone who needs advice or help caring for their loved one with Posterior Cortical Atrophy. it’s a atypical type of Alzheimer’s and is quite rare.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Coggy and welcome to Dementia Support Forum. I am sorry to hear about your wife but pleased that you have shared your story. Mutual help is the lifeblood of our community. I don't have any knowledge about PCA (my wife has Alzheimer's Disease). There may be others amongst our members who would welcome any help or advice based on your experience.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
First thread I started on here back in October 2013 so my wife would have been 60 then, I read for sometime before I joined too.
Nearly 12 years...where does the time go!
K

Stephenb905

Jan 15, 2024
Hi everyone, my wife was diagnosed with PCA at age 59 yrs. her birthday is coming up on 2nd February when she will be 68yrs. is there anyone who needs advice or help caring for their loved one with Posterior Cortical Atrophy. it’s a atypical type of Alzheimer’s and is quite rare.
Hi .. my OH has today been told she has Posterior Cortical Atrophy, following the results of a PET scan, we're waiting for an OT appt and she has the added difficulty of having hearing loss, so we're just at the Start of working through what best to do, any thoughts or sign posting would be helpful