Hello! Let us introduce ourselves

Joey_Sally_Ell

Hi,
Our names are Jody, Sally and Ell.
Ann, our beloved mother and mother in law has been recently diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. The news wasn’t a shock but the reality has now hit.
I have signed us up for this forum to reach out for support but for educational support. As you can imagine none of us are prepared for this so as much help and information is appreciated.
thank you in advance for all the information.

Take care
Ell

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Hello @Joey_Sally_Ell and welcome to this supportive and friendly forum from me too. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here.
I am sorry to read about your Mum's recent Alzheimer's diagnosis. It still comes as a shock even if you were half expecting it. It's good that you have each other to share the support and care.
Do have a good look round the forums and ask any particular questions you may like to.
But do also remember, your Mum will not necessarily get all the symptoms and behaviours that you may read about on the forum. Everyone's journey through this horrible disease is different. The one thing you can be sure of is that now is the best your Mum will be.
Wishing you strength and please also do use the forum as and when you may need to let off a bit of steam,