Hello everyone

Dancing Queen 41

Feb 23, 2024
My husband was diagnosed with dementia two years ago. Recently it has escalated to a point where I have needed lots of help. He’s becoming very abusive towards me and doesn’t know me sometimes. He’s having good days and bad. My daughter who isn’t in the best of health lives in Cheshire 250 miles away . Thank goodness for friends.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome, have a read around there's always someone here to listen, or should I say read. K

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
A warm welcome to Dementia Support Forum @Dancing Queen 41. This is a very friendly and supportive place, so I'm glad you've found us.
Do make sure that you keep safe. Keep a phone on you at all times and have a place with a locked door you can go to if your husband becomes abusive. Don't hesitate to phone the police if needed. It sounds drastic but that way your husband will hopefully get the help he needs quickly.
It might be a good idea to phone the support line, they are open tomorrow and talk through ways you can get more help.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Just to say hello @Dancing Queen 41 and welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum.
I am sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis, and his behaviour towards you. You have already had sound advice above, which I can't really add to,
Please always remember, this forum is a safe space to share as much as you want to, and have a bit of a vent if you need to sometimes. Members really do want to help and you'll always find understanding here.