hello everyone, this is Paul

pauljp

Oct 2, 2023
Does anyone know if medical alert systems for dementia and Alzheimer patients are covered? A good friend of mine with Alzheimer's has the tendency to wander outside, and issues are occurring, but from most of the systems I have looked up, they cost 50-50 dollars per month and have an upfront equipment fee, which Medicaid is telling my friend they won't pay.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @pauljp and welcome. I see that you are looking for suggestions for alert systems for a friend (in the USA) who has started to wander outside. This is a UK based site but we do have some members from America so hopefully someone might be able to suggest something, although it might be worth contacting the US based Alzheimers Association too: https://www.alz.org/

Hope that you manage to find something suitable for your friend.

pauljp

Oct 2, 2023
Hello @pauljp and welcome. I see that you are looking for suggestions for alert systems for a friend (in the USA) who has started to wander outside. This is a UK based site but we do have some members from America so hopefully someone might be able to suggest something, although it might be worth contacting the US based Alzheimers Association too: https://www.alz.org/

Hope that you manage to find something suitable for your friend.
That's a good point. I will try to contact the Alzheimer's Association. Thank you very much. I did find some good information on this forum already, it seems your members are all very educated. Either way, it's good to be able to chat with others so thank you for providing this great platform. I'll definitely share it online with others too.

pauljp

Oct 2, 2023
What is the best company to buy a medical alert system from in UK? I am trying to find one in US, but I'm wondering if maybe I can purchase one from the US but in the UK, and get one cheaper?

try again

Jun 21, 2018
When I was looking for my mum last year, I thought all the best ones on the market were USA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharks2108