Hello and grateful to dive into this pool of fellows

rlepell

Apr 24, 2024
I have been caring for my mom for 5 years; she continues to descend further into her dementia. She lives in an Assisted Living AL place that has a memory care floor, but can still "sort of" function. I joined today because she has entered a very disturbing paranoid episode -- she firmly believes I have been conspiring against her well-being and this is the direct opposite of the truth. I'm just so very weary of all of it -- it's been incredibly hard on me for years, and I'm just looking for a place to find support and advice as time unfolds.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Dive in and have a metaphorical splash around with the rest of us, all here to help where we can. K

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome @rlepell to this supportive and friendly forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia here, so I am glad you have found us.

I'm sorry to read about your mom. It's tough for you for sure, and when a loved one says horrible accusatory things, it's even harder to take. Saying to yourself, it's the dementia , not mom, doesn't always make it any easier when it's all going on. I do feel for you.
Do have a good look around the various forums and ask any particular questions you may like to. This is also a good place to vent, or have a bit of a rant when you need to. Just putting things down on here on how you're feeling can help. You will always find true understanding here from people that really do want to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMK