Headaches - here's a tip for when you go to the Doctors

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by creativesarah, Aug 3, 2015.

1. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

I have been having very bad headaches recently

I went to GP about my weight to ask what would be a sensible weight for me to have as a goal as I have lost 5 stone and want to give Weight Watchers a sensible target

She was so pleased with me that she decided to reduce some of my medication and mentioned my blood pressure is now very good

I knew she said to stop the water tablets (now I feel bloated!:mad:) but i thought she said to stop the CoractenXL too

Since I stopped them I have started to have bad headaches and so decided today to ring the surgery. I spoke to another GP as mine wasn't in and she said the notes just said stop the water tablets.

Note to self - ALWAYS ASK THE GP TO WRITE DOWN WHAT I NEED TO DO SO i CAN BRING IT HOME WITH ME

I thought this might be helpful for others

I am having my blood pressure checked on Weds and if the headache gets any worse I can ring the surgery and they will see me.

The frightening thing has been that in my dreams I have been falling and hitting my head on a pavement and when I have woken up I have a headache. This happened when I had a stroke before so I am a little worried.

Thanks for reading this

Hope it helps someone

2. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    Hi Sarah

I am sorry to read about your headaches, but they could be linked to your blood pressure, if you stopped taking the BP meds.

I am so impressed with your 5 stone, and you must be thrilled. You have worked so hard at it and I bet you feel a million times better.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

J x