Happy tears...

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
Its odd as lately I have been very emotional over the smallest of things. If someone shows me any kindness off I go again.. Today I recieved a lovely suprise in the post. My two oldest friends (from school) have planned a suprise weekend away for the three of us. We used to go each year to the christmas markets in Germany. I feel unable to go now as I would worry about Mum if I was in a foreign country. My two friends have booked a three night stay in a holiday cottage 15 miles from where I live. It has a hot tub and looks very luxurious. They arranged it all, rang my work to check I could get time off. Arranged for my sister to come up for 2 days and my husband to be available for the last day. A very posh formal invitation arrived in the post just now. I opened it and have not stopped crying since....
I feel very lucky to have two such good friends and just wanted to share a more positive thing. Does anyone else cry when nice things happen?

Last edited:

Jaycee23

Jan 6, 2011
uk
Please go! You mum would have wanted you to before she was ill. You are a long time dead as the saying goes. Do you think you mum is going to be any better by you not going and having a much needed break. Your friends have done a wonderful thing and you are incredibly lucky to have such good friends. Again Please Go!

hollycat

Nov 20, 2011
I cried only 2 days ago when the neighbour arrived with a pint of milk and a brown loaf !

OH and I have had 17 hospital visits with various friends and family over the last 2 weeks, as well as caring for my AD mum.

The neighbour brought the goods round because of the above; it was something so small, but so kind and considerate, we both broke down in tears.

The nice part we find about things of this nature is learning to laugh the next day about our previous days tears; it provides an instant high, if that makes sense.

Pennie

Jun 16, 2013
Somerset
Its odd as lately I have been very emotional over the smallest of things. If someone shows me any kindness off I go again.. Today I recieved a lovely suprise in the post. My two oldest friends (from school) have planned a suprise weekend away for the three of us. We used to go each year to the christmas markets in Germany. I feel unable to go now as I would worry about Mum if I was in a foreign country. My two friends have booked a three night stay in a holiday cottage 15 miles from where I live. It has a hot tub and looks very luxurious. They arranged it all, rang my work to check I could get time off. Arranged for my sister to come up for 2 days and my husband to be available for the last day. A very posh formal invitation arrived in the post just now. I opened it and have not stopped crying since....
I feel very lucky to have two such good friends and just wanted to share a more positive thing. Does anyone else cry when nice things happen?
Dee x

What a really lovely thing for them to have done, and all that research into making sure that it would work out for you. What very special friends you have - ENJOY IT and pamper yourself! :D

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
Jaycee23
I will definatly go. So much effort has been put into arranging it. I think I just felt emotional yesterday. Sillt moo that I am.

Hollycat
I totally understand being tearful over the kindness of a neighbour. Its not the bread and milk but the gesture behind it. How lovely that you have such kind neighbours.

Pennie
I will go and pamper myself. The hot tub sounds like heavan. Only used one once before but I found it mega relaxing.
I am very lucky to have such good friends :)

Last edited:

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I cry when someone " really asks" how I am/

It is not silly to cry over kindnesses, it is just we are so overburdened that when someone acknowledges that fact it really hits us.

I think you have two wonderful friends, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Jeannette

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jude04