Happy bunny

happybunny

Mar 28, 2013
My first time on here so I will probably do it wrong. Today I have had enough.OH has been diagnosed with dementia for aprox 4-5 years and just recently I Have reached the end of my tether.he has a PA 2 days a week whilst I go to work and the other days I work friends and family have him as it's not all day. He had a fall and ended up in hospital ,twice, with bleeds on the brain. Thankfully this has now been sorted.i can put up with most things even his aggressive talk when he is telling me to leave and he wants to punch me(he hasn't and wouldn't) even when he wants to go home, even when we are at home, but the continual withering for hours on end and the sleepless nights are knocking me for six.last night he started at 6 pm and finished T 3:30 this morning when he fell asleep only to start again at 5 when he then woke. It is now 3 pm and he is still on one.i took him for a two hour drive to calm him which worked temporarily but he started again. He doesn't need the loo ,he has eaten and there is no pacifying him. I have been in tears most of the day and don't know where to turn or what to do, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not a HappyBunny at the moment

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to TP :)

I think you need to contact your GP about the aggression straight away.
Also contact social services about getting some more help & support.
Keep posting here as you'll get lots of support.

joggyb

Dec 1, 2014
My first time on here so I will probably do it wrong. Today I have had enough.OH has been diagnosed with dementia for aprox 4-5 years and just recently I Have reached the end of my tether.he has a PA 2 days a week whilst I go to work and the other days I work friends and family have him as it's not all day. He had a fall and ended up in hospital ,twice, with bleeds on the brain. Thankfully this has now been sorted.i can put up with most things even his aggressive talk when he is telling me to leave and he wants to punch me(he hasn't and wouldn't) even when he wants to go home, even when we are at home, but the continual withering for hours on end and the sleepless nights are knocking me for six.last night he started at 6 pm and finished T 3:30 this morning when he fell asleep only to start again at 5 when he then woke. It is now 3 pm and he is still on one.i took him for a two hour drive to calm him which worked temporarily but he started again. He doesn't need the loo ,he has eaten and there is no pacifying him. I have been in tears most of the day and don't know where to turn or what to do, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not a HappyBunny at the moment

I second what Cat27 said - you must get some help, for both of you. Contact your GP, contact Social Services, and tell them all this and that you can't cope. Try to mention the words 'vulnerable' and 'at risk' about your OH - those are the 'magic' words that should make support services sit up and listen and get things moving for you.