Happy 70th Birthday David

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Today would have been David's 70th Birthday and I am not quite sure how to 'celebrate' it really.

I never ever imagined he wouldn't be here and to be honest I still find it hard to believe he's gone.

I have arranged with his family and my sons and wives to go out on Saturday to 'celebrate' but obviously it won't be the same without him.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Sue. :(

Well you will hardly `celebrate` but a family gathering will be a lovely memorial. xx

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Hi Sue

Cant think what to say without it sounding like platitudes, or what ifs.

But I will join in with a Happy 70th Birthday David for the wonderful man he was before dementia stole him.

Sue xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Sue,

It is so hard to celebrate special things when there is always a double edged sword to contend with. How wonderful that he was the special man in your life and how dreadful that he is not here!!!

How would you feel about getting that picture of the Forget-Me-Not framed?

Love

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Hello Sue..a bitter sweet day for you I think. Please try to remember all the lovely times you had with David as a loving husband, but it won't be easy Sue, it hurts too much, but I am so pleased you will have your family to love and support you.

love
Bronwen x

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hi Sue, sending you a big (((hug))).
I agree it is good to commemorate David's birthday. Although he is not with us for his 70th, there's no reason not to celebrate his birth of 70 years ago, that special event which brought your wonderful David into this world to give so much joy and love to everyone.
Don't let the illness rob you of the truth of the 69 years your David was with you, let the good times overtake the bad, celebrate the wonderful gift you all had in having David.

Lots of love to all, Necion. xx

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
I was thinking of you this morning and wondering how you'd manage today Sue and then saw your post. I think a family gathering on Saturday's a lovely idea and something to look forward to. The first memorable dates can be so difficult to cope with after someone dies but thankfully the day passes and then it's another day. Thinking of you, lots of love xxxxxxe

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I am thinking of you too Sue and hope you can share some happy memories with the family on Saturday.

love

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Thanks for all the good wishes.

Yet again a most peculiar thing has happened here (Helen 33 will like this!). I went for my normal walk round the block and when I looked at my watch it said 20 to 10. In fact the time was 1.00 pm!

Now the watch was still going as I only had a battery put in a few months ago and I couldn't have accidentally adjusted the hands as the knob is so stiff I need to poke it with a knife to get it out - it had just gone back approx 3 hours!

It was David's watch! - maybe he wants it back:) - it's these unexplainable events that are so weird.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Sue,

You're right I am interested:) I hope you are keeping a journal of all these events (no matter how small they might seem). If you are keeping a journal don't forget to date each entry.

It seems that David is making sure that you don't forget him. You must be one special woman to him:)

Love