Hallucinations and how to approach

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Sodon321, Oct 16, 2019.

1. CWR

CWR Registered User

Mar 17, 2019

2. Linton

Linton Registered User

Jul 27, 2019
    Hi.. Gave my OH tablets given to us by GP.... Not only did they not help with sleep.. But made his hallucinations much much worse... After a bad evening with the 'people in the house'.. We ended up sat on the bed with him refusing to go back to the sitting room.. Then at 8 he was zombie like and falling over so go him to bed.. At 1 he was awake in a state about all sorts.. Swearing and angry with me.. He never is like that.. Got him back and woke at 3so up and dressed... Still very wobbly.. Slept in chair a bit then trying to sit on a different chair fell and knocked his head on a table.. I couldn't lift him up so rang one of our sons to come at 5...he was shaken but OK... So no pills tonight... Back to the drawing board... Thought there was a solution for a bit... Xxxx