Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Pollytickle I can but hope, I'm doubtful, but it's a lovely thought. :D

when she is on form she is on form.
She's on form just a bit too much for my liking! :D

I'm not sure any dose of respiridone is going to work for mum. I don't think it's the drug for her, but the consultant is more than a bit blinkered, she's admitted there are other anti psychotics she could try, I wish she would.

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Sorry folks another update. I called the ward. Mum has been very aggressive again hitting out at staff. She's put herself to the floor and wouldn't get up again. They put a pillow under her head and gave her some space. The nurse said she's starting to stir so will be up and about again soon. Hope she's calmed down. I've said if she's still really aggressive I'll go in. No idea why I've said that. My mouth has worked independently of my brain. I can't stop her being aggressive. We'll see what happens. X

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Oh Lavender where does your Mum get all her energy from, I just don't know how you are coping with it all. You really must dread your phone ringing
I do think it's time your Mum was taken off all her meds and tried with some completely new ones.....sooner rather than later.
Keeping fingers crossed you don't see that look in her eyes anytime soon.

Polly tickle I'll join you along with Jorgie for dinner all sounds yummy
Although Mums hardly eating anything I keep making her mean
Sam then end up eating most of them myself.... I'm going to put on weight if I'm not careful

Well I'm in so Jorgie, Lavender, Mollyd Marnie, Worrier, LadyA, HillyBilly, Pollytickle,Harry'D, Aisling and anyone I've missed hope your all ready for the group (((hug))) xxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
((((.))))
Good night all.
I've had a splitting headache today, having yesterday been over exhausted, and succumbed to a quick fix - a cookie, while out shopping!! A salted caramel cookie. I knew even while eating it that I wouldn't get away with the sugar!! Usually, I carry a small container of nuts and dried fruit, but I didn't have it with me yesterday.
Right now, I'm chomping on dried apple slices, which I dried until they are lovely and crispy!

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Your dried apple slices sound lovely Lady A. Sorry about the headache, no fun. I've never understood the salted caramel or asked chocolate thing neither needs salt IMHO.

Rosy I totally agree about withdrawing the meds, but they won't as it takes too long. That's a ridiculous excuse she's been there months in fact her 6 month section is up and we have a tribunal hearing at the start of next month to review it. I've been invited to attend. Happy days! If they chose not to extend get her section I assume they'll apply a DOLS, but I'm not getting straight answers about that at the moment.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Rosy I totally agree about withdrawing the meds, but they won't as it takes too long. That's a ridiculous excuse she's been there months in fact her 6 month section is up and we have a tribunal hearing at the start of next month to review it. I've been invited to attend. Happy days! If they chose not to extend get her section I assume they'll apply a DOLS, but I'm not getting straight answers about that at the moment.
No way! 6 months up already? "They" haven't achieved much in those 6 months really, have they?
Hug to all x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Fine this morning, thanks. Took my tablets before bed, and slept well. Filthy day here today. Wind and rain, and dark as pitch! It's like November out there! I was out before the rain started because I wanted to pick the last of the broadbeans, get some greenbeans (french beans) in, and pick more apples and yet more plums!! Before I went to bed last night, I scoffed crackers with cheese & plum & ginger chutney. Head may have been sore, but there was obviously nothing wrong with my tummy!! :D:D Busy day ahead now, but it's not like I would be out sunning myself anyway!! My roof is finally FINISHED! All that remains is for the builder to collect his equipment and give me the bill! If you hear a loud thump, it will probably be me, fainting! :D

Hope you all have a good day. Or as good as it can be. xx

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning Ladies,
Glad your headache is better LadyA. You must have the weather e had a few days ago. It is nice here today and hopefully I may get the grass cut, this rain as certainly made it grow.
Hope your Mum is calm today Lavender, well fingers crossed and everything else:D
Rosy how is your Mum?
Hope you all have a peaceful weekend x

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Morning all.

Jorgie my fingers etc have been crossed too. Would have crossed my eyeballs if I could, but it's to no avail so far today as the ward say she's still aggressive and is on 50 minute observations for her aggression. I don't really see what 50 minute observations are going to do, but at least she's not on a 1 to 1 as yet. That really does wind her paranoia up a few notches.

Sad to say the ward have reported she's also been faecally incontinent this morning. She's mobile and wandering, maybe she left it a bit late to realise she needed the toilet. I'm hoping it's a one off as she has had the odd accident before. Mum still takes herself to the toilet and isn't incontinent with urine. Wouldn't that come first?

When I last saw the consultant I asked if her notes could be reviewed by another doctor and she agreed to this, but there is no evidence anyone has reviewed her notes. I merely want to see if anyone else has thoughts on medication we haven't explored. This latest reduce in Clonazepam and increase in Respiridone does not seem to have been in any ways beneficial. Her behaviour has deteriorated again quite markedly in the last few days. The ward are meant to be emailing the consultant to see what if anything she has done. X

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
I think your Mum's determination beats everything Lavender, she does remind me a lot of my BIL he was on 26 tablets a day and nothing knocked him out too, even the sleeping pills only lasted a short time.
It must be constantly on your mind what she is up too. Any news on the other home yet or did that man get the place.

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Lavender - your mum must be very strong physically to 'resist' all those meds. Surely it would make sense to wean her off everything and try from scratch. It's a shame they won't do it. Do you have PoA? Could you insist, or press them? I guess under their jurisdiction a PoA would only go so far. I remember when mum was on some pretty strong stuff for her manic behaviour I encouraged them (in hospital) to take her off the very strong things, and I think I did manage some influence. Could you ask for a 'second opinion', a different consultant? I am still amazed to this day how my mum managed around 5 months without a night's sleep. At 89! How is that even possible, never mind at that age? It was like the brain would not rest, was in some constant fear/anxiety mode which would not let her sleep. But how the body carried on for so long without proper sleep, I have no idea.

PT - I have issues with food and mum as well, but not quite as bad as you seem to be having. If something does not clearly look like what it is, eg something in breadcrumbs, then she pulls a face and says she's not going to eat it because it's worms! The worm theme has been going for several months now, I have no idea what triggered it, I could even have been something she saw on TV. But fortunately, whatever I put in front of her, she eats. She really likes fish and chicken, which is great as so do I, so we're really kind of eating mainly what we always have done. She also loves eggs, but now and again she gets a bout of diarrhoea after eating them. I could cut them out, but feel I can't deny her, diarrhoea or no diarrhoea! Also I love them too and get some lovely fresh eggs from a local farm.

Lady A - your dried apple sounds wonderful - do you have a special contraption for drying the fruit, or do you do it in an oven?

Best wishes to everyone else. I've got 10 days without our carer now as she's on holiday, and I've decided not to have anyone else from the agency. We'll probably be doing quite a few trips out to garden centres and interesting shops. If mum walks for a while, she often has a little doze in the armchair when she gets home. I'm expecting a call about her new recliner chair soon - really hope she likes it!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Marnie, it's like a factory here! I have a gadget that quickly peels and slices the apples into even, 1/4" slices. And I have an enormous food dehydrator. It takes on average 4 to 5 apples per tray, and there are 9 trays! So averaging 45 apples at a time in there. And when they're dry (depending how you like them, 8 hours for Dau, who likes them soft and about 13/14 hours for me, who likes them crispy), that lot will fit in a large size Ziploc bag!

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Morning gurlies and anyone else reading.

I do hope the quietness here is down to a general calm rather than any crisis.

Wishing you a peaceful day. Hugs x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Let's hope so, Molly!
I had to take to my bed last night with a humdinger of a migraine! Haven't had such a bad one in ages, and I hope it was a one off, and not down to the reduction in my medication! Of course, the fact that I didn't have lunch until around 4 in the afternoon probably didn't help! Thankfully, I'm fine this morning. Slept like a log, apart from three trips to the loo. In fact, I was peeing like a pup all day yesterday. Still. Feeling much better today. :)

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Good to hear you feel better than yesterday, LadyA.

I've got some weird head/throat cold at the moment. Drop in temperature, perhaps. X

Status
Not open for further replies.