Gremlins? - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
There is a thread showing in this section entitled: Reported Post by Grannie G Tender Face

Started by Tender Face, today 08.08am

Well, I am Tender Face and I didn’t start a thread at 08.08am today. :eek: In fact I wasn’t even near my PC let alone TP at that time. :eek:

When I try to find where this thread (that I didn’t start) has been moved to I am taken to a page which tells me I don’t have access? :confused:

Urgent explanation please?

Karen (Tender Face)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
In fact curiouser and curiouser ... I am alleged to have started to a thread at 08.08am – but the last reply is noted – by me - at 01.14am? :confused::confused::confused:

Well, answering my own questions before I have even asked them is a new trick to me?:rolleyes:

Seriously, what is going on?

Karen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Nothing is going on Karen.

Dazzled by the new server I just pressed the wrong button. If I had noticed I would have sent you an explanatory PM with apologies.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Aaaah ... think the penny is dropping. ;) At 08.08am *I* was being reported for something or other ... only I am ‘credited’ with being online and creating a thread when I wasn’t and didn’t. Humph – seen how people get into trouble for being caught ‘on-line’ times when they are supposed to be elsewhere other than on forums or networking sites? ‘And where you were you when ......?’

I see the erroneous thread has now gone, but only since I spotted it hours later and raised it publicly – because of course I couldn’t report it the usual route because I couldn’t get to my own (alleged) thread or posts?????? :rolleyes:

Thank you for the ‘would have’ apologised. I ‘would have’ accepted gracefully had I received such.

We all make mistakes, Grannie G. But when other threads and posts are deleted before you can bat an eyelid and you start wondering have you been imagining things, this is not good, not good at all.

Someone on the moderating team saw to move it earlier but not delete it immediately? :confused:

I hope lessons have been learnt. :mad:

Karen

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Karen, with my Miss Marple hat on, the post you made at 01.14 was on the thread about numbers not tallying. I imagine Grannie G intended to bring it to the notice of the moderators, and by mistake posted to this forum.

If that is correct, why would your post about numbers not tallying worry the moderators?;)

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi Karen

As Sylvia mentioned, this was a simple case of the wrong button being pressed.

Whilst I can appreciate that this error may have concerned you, it is generally more helpful if you can report any anomalies to the moderating team directly, rather than highlighting them via the main forum.

when other threads and posts are deleted before you can bat an eyelid and you start wondering have you been imagining things, this is not good, not good at all.

As I've explained before, there are several reasons why threads and posts may be edited or removed from Talking Point: see http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/show...oice-of-reason&p=459981&viewfull=1#post459981.

This may also be a good time to remind members of the following rule:

4.5 Posts discussing moderator actions are not permitted on this forum. Members who wish to take issue with any decision made by a moderator should either contact the moderating team or the Talking Point Manager privately. Posts discussing moderators' decisions on Talking Point will be removed without notice, and may result in further moderator action.

Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.