Great News! There ARE Guardian Angels!!!!

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
charleyfungus said:
Thats what we have to do Karen, I cared for my Elizabeth for 3 years before I admitted I needed help, and like you thought I was handing a part of her over to someone else. Now, 6 years down the road I have 2 lovely carers that really help my Lady and I have to admit I enjoy the time I get to myself. So yes things will change, but hopefully . like us you will adapt,
Charley
Charley hi,

I think I am about in the same situation as you. About a year ago I started getting carers in for my lady and they are now like friends. Makes a big difference to me and my quality of life. Now got 2 afternoons a week off - a couple of hours twice a week and somebody to 'help' Monique shower 3 times a week.

I have something to look forward to, time to myself and she has somebody new with more energy for a while to make conversation... As you say - it will change and hopefully as well I will adapt.

Michael

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Makes a big difference to me and my quality of life.

It certainly does.
I too struggled for years but now have wonderful carers,one in particular who is more like a wonderful Daughter to Peg and me.
I enjoy my time to myself,I go out by myself,not what I want really ,I want my Peg with me but I have to settle for second best.
I only have a little guilt monster now,I am making a second little life for myself and still doing my best for Peg,I still adore her and always will.
It has been a bitter pill to swallow but I am getting there
Norman

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey