Good few days continued.....

sunshine chrissy

Apr 1, 2022
Cheshire
Well I'm down again today,exhausting day with OH,he's been walking and pacing non stop,argumentative when I tried to stop him going out for a walk at 8pm,he's pestering people in the street for money and cigs,neighbours look out for him and they tell me if they've seen this.Found him smoking in the bedroom an hour ago,nobody has ever smoked in our house so this is now a fire risk.I don't know how he keeps going,he surely must be dead on his feet,he goes to bed at 8pm and up at 6am,just heard him now moving around upstairs talking to himself(we have seperate rooms now)He's started this week ringing me through the night,I have to turn my phone off when I go to bed.But I'm still me and my friend and I are having some new piercings in our ears tomorrow and if there's time coffee and cake in town,I can still go out for an hour or two leaving him on his own,making the most of it while I can😊

JaxG

May 15, 2021
Have you contacted the Memory Clinic or SS? It may be exhausting for your husband, but it must be devastating for you and your mental health. I think as carers we get so used to the 'madness' that we put up with more than we should. I've posted how my OH is becoming increasingly angry and aggressive. We have appointments with the memory clinic to look at his meds, and Older person Mental Health are now involved and SS are being contacted. His brother has taken him for the last few days - it is only now that I can see with real clarity just how serious my husband's behaviour has been for the last 4 or 5 years. Constant verbal aggression and abuse, a couple of incidents of physical aggression, even though my OH can be left for several hours alone I am now reaching the end of the line. I hope you can get some help xx

sunshine chrissy

Apr 1, 2022
Cheshire
Have you contacted the Memory Clinic or SS? It may be exhausting for your husband, but it must be devastating for you and your mental health. I think as carers we get so used to the 'madness' that we put up with more than we should. I've posted how my OH is becoming increasingly angry and aggressive. We have appointments with the memory clinic to look at his meds, and Older person Mental Health are now involved and SS are being contacted. His brother has taken him for the last few days - it is only now that I can see with real clarity just how serious my husband's behaviour has been for the last 4 or 5 years. Constant verbal aggression and abuse, a couple of incidents of physical aggression, even though my OH can be left for several hours alone I am now reaching the end of the line. I hope you can get some help xx
I've been in touch with the consultant at the memory clinic,told her everything and she's changed his meds from sertraline to mirtazapine,he started this tonight so hopefully it will calm the pacing and agitation.I too can get out for a few hours while he's alone but the last few weeks I've come back to chaos,drawers and cupboards open with everything out,every biscuit,cake and crisps eaten,absolute mess with teabags sugar milk water all over worktops😩He gets up to mischief when I'm not there.He went to pick up his new prescription today,it's the one thing he can still do,the chemist is just down the road but he got lost,he ended up a mile away and my daughter saw him by chance and phoned me,she picked him up and took him to the chemist,another thing lost now🥲

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I've been in touch with the consultant at the memory clinic,told her everything and she's changed his meds from sertraline to mirtazapine,he started this tonight so hopefully it will calm the pacing and agitation.I too can get out for a few hours while he's alone but the last few weeks I've come back to chaos,drawers and cupboards open with everything out,every biscuit,cake and crisps eaten,absolute mess with teabags sugar milk water all over worktops😩He gets up to mischief when I'm not there.He went to pick up his new prescription today,it's the one thing he can still do,the chemist is just down the road but he got lost,he ended up a mile away and my daughter saw him by chance and phoned me,she picked him up and took him to the chemist,another thing lost now🥲
fingers crossed it works and he becomes calmer

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I was put on mirtazapine for a while and I remember the doctor saying that it can take 3 or 4 weeks to "kick in", so hang on in there. I do hope it works

JaxG

May 15, 2021
I hope the new medication works, losing the couple of hours of freedom would be unbearable. xxx