Gonna be my last post

Ditto

May 17, 2008
Cape Town
To Mark

And dear Mark, from the responses to your thread so far, I can see that "leaving people out" is not really anyone's intention, so stick it out if you can. You seem to have alot of friends and supporters here and it would be very sad for you to leave them all behind.

You can always talk to me! ha ha... :)

Ditto

Chrissyan

Aug 9, 2007
N E England
I am so sorry people feel excluded on here. I am relatively new & feel the exact opposite.:) The few threads I have started on here have always got responses & when asking for help with claiming Attendance Allowance & Council Tax exemption I was overwhelmed by the many posters offering advice.

I read some of the heartbreaking posts on here with t/p members, having for instance two parents in the latter stages, or one with dementia & the other physically ill, or with a partner/parent with dementia & problems with a son with drugs, or whatever with other members of their family & quite frankly I feel a fraud at the moment. The worst are the ones where their parents are really bad & still living alone & won't accept help, I am lucky enough not to have had that fight. My Dad knows & accepts he needs help.

My situation: I work 30 hours & have 'flexi' time if needed, my son is 15 (big enough to be left) my Dad (still in his own home) is 400 yards away. A situation I know many of you on here would envy.

I don't often respond to other posts, when I do it's in more of an advice capacity, with the little I know it's usually to new members, rather than a sympathy one. It's not that I don't care, believe me I do, I often have tears running down my cheeks when reading some posts. The odd ones I read out to my partner. I sometimes just find it hard to find the right words to reply when someone is going through the mill but it doesn't mean I don't care. I do care & the first thing I read after logging on is Grannie G, to see how Dihran is getting on.

No one need feel, or I believe is excluded on here. Just my two pennorth :D