Gone

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
My darling husband died peacefully at ten to ten last Friday. I was holding him until his last breath. Strange thing was he died on my first husband's birthday. I an fine now as if the cloud over me has risen. After3 years in nursing homes I could write a book of how this horribly cruel disease runs its course. It is the last thing I would want to suffer with. I shall encourage donations for research at the funeral.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I feel so sad reading your post.

It`s as if those of us who have lost, relive our own experiences and as well as feeling sad for you, feel sad for ourselves.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I am so very sorry Billy's Girl.
Your comment about your cloud having lifted is lovely to read.
Look after yourself, you must be feeling fragile even though you say you are fine x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I am so sorry for your loss and somehow glad for both your sakes, that this dreadful experience has come to an end. I think that those of us who have worn this T shirt can fully understand your feeling of the clouds being lifted.
Take care of you..... you come first now.x.x.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
So sorry Billy's girl, to read your news. Your description of a cloud being lifted is beautiful. Take good care of yourself in the days to come; you've been through so much.xx

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Sorry to read if your loss.
The idea of asking for donations at the funeral is wonderful- the more money raised the more hope there is in the future that the next generations of pwd do not suffer like the current ones do
Thinking of you
Ros

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news Billy's Girl
your husband has found peace
a kind thought to request donations
go gently and be kind to yourself too

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I am sorry to read of your loss Billy's Girl. Although the whole of this horrific illness is a series of losses. The only consolation is the fact that at last the one we love is free of suffering and at peace.

But look after yourself now, grief has no pattern to it. I wish you strength in the days, weeks and time ahead, and also comfort from memories of times before dementia.

Deepest sympathy
Loo xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read of your loss Billy's Girl. Adding my condolences to those already expressed here.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
My sincere condolences on the loss of your dear husband. I am glad you were able to be there with him right through to the end. Take the time you need to heal, we are thinking of you.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
So sorry to hear your dear husband has gone but I can relate to the lifting cloud. My brother died around 6 years ago and mum whilst devastated had years of worries for him...she said she felt relief she didn't have to worry for him any more. Mum died over 3 years ago and I have cared and supported dad since, he died in March and I feel exactly the same as mum...I don't have to worry for him anymore. So cloud lifting is a totally natural feeling for you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marta B