Going of my head

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Sorry I need a rant Peter is just driving me mad , I just don't know what to do with him , he is going down really fast he won't do anything I ask , I just honestly don't know what to do I walk away and come back later but nothing I wish I had never had the bathroom done got three more days but I just can't cope I have no one to take him out but if someone don't help me soon I am going to lose it with him I phone everyone they just tell me they can't help , I thought there was a lot of help out there we'll I can't fined any , I just keep crying tomorrow I am going to phone everyone again see what happens . I know you can't help but it's just good to have a rant and you know we're I am coming from I wish he would go to day care but he won't go anywhere I can't get him to clubs cafe's nothing it's like he knows nothing but he know when I try to take him places , Sorry it's just all the stress of the bathroom maybe he will be better soon I hope so has I said before I am not good with this but I am trying this sort of illness scares me so much Sorry again for going on Christmas xx

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
So sorry, Christmas. It is good to rant so rant away.

Have you tried ringing Alzheimer's Society to see if they can offer any help in your area. A friend of mine rang in desperation and I believe helped her enormously.

I am sending you a hug, I know it's not much help to you right now, but just want you to know we are here to listen any time.

Best wishes xx

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I know a little of how you feel. I live in a rental property and am responsible for decorating and this year my home desperately needs it, but I cannot seem to get a decorator to stay long enough to finish a job! Mum keeps pestering them and they genuinely do not understand Dementia. I wanted them to start on her bedroom, but it stresses her out so much and I can only keep her out of the house for 3 hours maximum. So I have had to put the whole thing on hold, but at some point have to bite the bullet and get them back, mum's room is only half prepared and every night she goes to bed keep the lights dim or she makes the same comment that the room needs decorating!!!!

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Christmas, I know it's very hard to cope with getting work done in the house - so much needs to be done but I keep postponing and then get so disheartened by the fact that dementia rules!

Hubby is unable to go to day care, nothing available where we live which would be suitable for him so he is at home all this time so for me, it's 24/7. No family help etc so I struggle.

None of the above helps you, sorry, but just wanted to say hello and offer a wee hug. x

Marylil52

Mar 26, 2015
Dear Christmas
Do you have any money? We pay someone from a local care company £15 an hour (this seems to be the average) to sit with my husband. He doesn't like it but does settle. I book someone for three hours once a week and it's the best use of £45 imaginable. I go out and walk around, sometimes see friends. Mainly it's the joy of freedom. I feel so sad for you.
Lately we applied for Continuing Healthcare Funding. To my utter amazement we got it (all you ever hear is that it's impossible to get).this is now, thank god, paying for the sitter and twice a week a 'waking sitter' at night. This is the only thing that keeps me near to sane after 10 years of D's illness, the last two of which have been severe. It might be worth asking either the Alzheimer's society or your GP for guidance. My husband has Lewy Body Dementia and it's the clinical/health side of this that qualifies him for funding, as opposed to the so-called social side (mad distinctions but there you are). Social services have been dreadful, no help at all (it took TWO YEARS even to get a basic needs assessment) but the NHS has really come up trumps for us. I don't know if this is any use at all for you - I hope so. In the end I guess I'm saying: if you can possibly buy in help - do it!
I send greetings and much, much sympathy.

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Christmas, I know it's very hard to cope with getting work done in the house - so much needs to be done but I keep postponing and then get so disheartened by the fact that dementia rules!

Hubby is unable to go to day care, nothing available where we live which would be suitable for him so he is at home all this time so for me, it's 24/7. No family help etc so I struggle.

None of the above helps you, sorry, but just wanted to say hello and offer a wee hug. x
Thank you it's the same for me I don't get help its enough to drive you round the bend yourself but we can't desert them although it frightens me to death I just hope hope I can do this chiefs back x

Marylil52

Mar 26, 2015
Thank you it's the same for me I don't get help its enough to drive you round the bend yourself but we can't desert them although it frightens me to death I just hope hope I can do this chiefs back x

Hold on, Christmas. It's terribly frightening, all of it. But there are people here, who feel very like sisters and brothers to me, or comrades in arms, who know exactly how it all is and listen and help. In the middle of the night it's worst of all - and providentially that seems to be the time that most of us are online. This is a lifeline.
Look after yourself.