giving up on bob

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
my last thread no sorry its not giving up on bob but it feels like i have lost my fight to urge him on and intrest him in things like i did it feels like i have accepted this is it i cant stop it or change it so let it happen and i will do my best to cope big meeting tommorrow first time in 4 years how much he has changed dreading it my fault maybe i should not of not tried to protect him as much as i have love bel x

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Bel

my fault maybe i should not of not tried to protect him as much as i have love bel x

You love him, that is why you protect him.
Nothing wrong with that Bel XX
Barb & Ron XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Bel.

None of us can fight this disease, it will always win in the end. You have put up as good a fight as any and I know it`s hard for you to accept it as it is but sometimes it`s what we have to do.

You know you have always only done the very best for Bob.

Please let us know how the meeting goes.

Love xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Bel you are not giving up, i remember you fight over dorma court case and how strong you were, your constant care for bob andkeeping buisness going, i just pray that as your load cannot be reduced your shoulders get stronger, have never met you but tonight i care as much as if you where part of my family, i know you will not give up on bob love pam

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Bel,

You have only done what you feel is right for Bob and that's all anyone can ask of themselves.

It's a very difficult road and all you can do is give it your best shot and take each day as it comes. I hope the meeting goes well.

Caring Thoughts, Taffy.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Bel....

my fault maybe i should not of not tried to protect him as much as i have

None of this is your fault...it's the fault of the disease.

You have done your utmost to help Bob...and to keep your own body and soul together..not an easy task under the circumstances.

Your strength and courage are to be admired..and I wish you well for the meeting today.

Love gigi xx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
"Giving up", What nonsense ...

Bel, you KNOW it's the guilt-monster making you think in such a negative way.
Coming to an acceptance that you need more outside help with Bob isn't "giving up", it is adapting to the changing needs forced on you both by the disease.

Given that you have many challenges with your own health, this was inevitable. You have coped with enormous difficulties, not only related strictly to Bob but also keeping the business going single-handed.

I hope the meeting today comes up with some 'positives' that you can work with; it's no good looking over your shoulder at the things you used to be able to do when things were better, we would all like to be able to turn the clock back but life doesn't work that way.

Hugs & Best Wishes Bel, be kind to yourself.