Gettin worse

LinzyE

Mar 13, 2008
My grandma is now refusing to drink and eat and is constantly in bed sleeping.

When we go and visit her, although she appears asleep she shouts at us to stop talking. so unless we leave the room we are unable to talk to my grandad who needs a massive amount of support.

I constantly feel sad atm and its getting everybody down. doesnt feel or look like she's going to be round for much longer.

thanks for reading. no questions really just needed an outlet. :(

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hello LinzyE

I remember when my husband's brother was at that stage on clinging on to existence. The loved one is going in a certain direction and we are wanting to be with them but can't be with them really.

Have you planned how you and your grandad are going to say goodbye to your grandma. Not really for your Grandma's benefit but for those who love and care for her. It seems that there's nothing you can do when you are in the room with her so this could be something you could plan when you're out of there. There could be many ways of saying "goodbye" to her without using spoken words.

Best wishes Helen

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Linzy

All you can do is be there for your grandma, and let her know how much you love her. Just hold her hand gently and comfort her.

You're right, your grandad does need a lot of support, and you need to try to get him to talk to you about how he is feeling. Just be there for him whenever he needs you.

And for you? Just lots of love and hugs. I know how hard it is.