Funeral tomorrow

jill edwards

Jan 7, 2012
Well it's the funeral tomorrow and I've spent the last two weeks trying to sort it all out, it's only now I realize being an only child is so difficult. My husband is trying to help but has had a nervous breakdown and he gets too stressed in fact he's had to go to bed after we went out today. I'm sure I've forgotten things intact I meant to ring the vicar to make sure everything is OK but forgot a bit late now I suppose. I just don't want to let dad down. Everyone has been really supportive and I was wondering if it was OK to carry on posting even to help others if I could or if now dad has passed away if I have to stop.I have found it very helpful its so nice to know there are others around who understand.I've been signed off till next Monday cause I still have to finish emptying dads bungalow and hand the keys back.So much to do thanks for your support.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry that your father has passed away. I hope the funeral tomorrow is all that you want it to be to say good bye to him. Please do keep posting on here. It might help you, as well as many others of us. Deepest sympathy for your loss. X

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Sending you strength for tomorrow. It's just over a year since I lost Mum and as you can see am still posting. Sometimes it's with help/support for others. Sometimes it's when I'm still struggling - still have those ups and downs. Sometimes it's just as a release so I don't go mad - either a poem or adding special photos to an album I made for Mum.
Hoping tomorrow brings you peace - take care Katherine xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Everyone has been really supportive and I was wondering if it was OK to carry on posting even to help others if I could or if now dad has passed away if I have to stop.I

Oh my goodness yes! TP is still here for you, and your experience is invaluable to TP.

There are lots of us who have lost our loved ones to dementia, and still gain and give support here.

It's nearly 2 years since I lost my dad to dementia, but I remember how anxious I was to make his funeral a fitting send off. Today, whilst doing some sorting out, I came across the eulogy we had written for his funeral. I honestly couldn't remember reading it, but it was right - and from the heart.

Tomorrow will be fine - just be yourself and you will do your dad proud.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. I shall be thinking of you. I'm sure everything will be fine, a fitting tribute to your dad.

Jan x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jill,

I will be wishing you all the best for tomorrow. Talking Point is here for you in your loss. You can use it for yourself and/or you can use it to help others. There are many of us now who have lost the ones we cared for. I am glad you were able to ask the question because it can be a very difficult time with TP once the person has passed away.

Wishing you strength and peace.

Love

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sending you strength and positive thoughts for tomorrow. Please do keep posting - your experience will be invaluable to others. x

Bumble B

Apr 20, 2011
Sussex
I'm an only child too,had Mum's funeral last week,Dad's probably the week after next.

Please try not to worry about tomorrow. Yes it will be an ordeal,but please don't even think about letting your Dad down,I'm sure he'd say whatever you do is fine with him.
You've had the sadness of clearing your Dad's house,and to a deadline too. My Dad's house was his own,and the task of clearing it is daunting,I can't begin to imagine tackling it in a restricted amount of time.
Just tell yourself that you've done your best,then try to relax and get through the day.

Wishing you strength and peace of mind tomorrow,

Anne X

TriciaD

Jan 9, 2012
Jill, I hope tomorrow goes smoothly, I'm sure your Dad would be very proud.
I don't post on here often, only found this forum after my Mum had died in January this year, but I read most posts even if I don't always reply. Wish I had found this a couple of years ago, would have been a tremendous help to me knowing others knew what it was like. x

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hello Jill will be thinking of you tomorrow hope the funeral goes well my friend died three weeks ago and her daughter was the only one so i know how hard it will have been for you keep strong Milly

jill edwards

Jan 7, 2012
Thank you

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and best wishes. There just seems so much to do and I have lists on lists!!!! Think I've forgotten something lr someone and have no intention of upsetting anyone just really concerned. Your posts are a real help thank you.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Jill, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I hope that your dad's funeral goes as well as it can for you. When you are ready I hope that you will post and let us know how it all went.

turbo

needabrandy

Feb 1, 2012
Jill keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for the funeral tomorrow and extending my deepest sympathy to you and your husband

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Everyone has been really supportive and I was wondering if it was OK to carry on posting even to help others if I could or if now dad has passed away if I have to stop

Jill, I hope we will still see you around on the forum. Personally, I find it comforting to log on to TP to see if I can help others still going through life with this foul condition.

Wishing you strength for today, I shall be thinking of you.

Mary
x

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Jill,

thinking of you and hoping that all goes well for you.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thinking of you in the early evening Jill and hoping that you feel you deserve a 'well done'.

Love

jill edwards

Jan 7, 2012
It's over

The funeral was lovely and my son got through his eulogy and only got emotional when he looked at me at the end. The vicar read out my poem is it too late and everyone said it was really nice. Most people came back for the wake and I hope I spoke to everyone. It was nice to see some family I had not seen for a while. Today we have finished emptying dads council bungalow and will hand keys back tomorrow. I cried when we came away very sad.Feel a little numb now especially as I heard a long standing friend had passed away this morning it was her ms in the end I went to see her a few days ago apologising to her husband for not visiting few recently, he understood when I explained. God bless Annie. Is it me but I'm hearing of so many deaths recently. Keys tomorrow then wait for insurances I think I've completed my copious lists but am just worried I've forgotten something. Poem is in the poem section I wrote it before dad died it was when he was quite bad. Hope I've done you proud dad, God bless love Jill. Big thanks to all for best wishes, love and advice its really helped me through. Hope you make it too!!!

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMK