Fundraising - song for Alzheimers

Discussion in 'Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society' started by Damian, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Damian

Damian Registered User

Jun 27, 2007
    Cheshire UK
    Hi everyone
    I wanted to spread the word about a song that's being released in August/September (We still haven't had a firm date from the record label) in aid of The Alzheimers Society, with their full support

The single is called ‘The Dimming Of The Light’ all profits from each download of the single will go to the charity (a full £1.00 per download). The song can be heard at www.myspace.com/damianmorgan or at www.reverbnation.com/damianmorganmikedoyle but won't be downloadable until the release date

The lyrics relate to my own experiences with my Mum (who is in the later stages of Alzheimer's). I remember reading poetry written by carers and finding it very moving and ultimately it helped articulate feelings I had myself...I hope this does the same. I'd really love to hear your opinions on the song.
    Yours sincerely
    Damian

The Dimming Of The Light

Hold my hand; remember me

One more time remember me

You held these hands through nightmares

Broken toys and bugbears

Touch my face; remember me

You saw this face through trouble

Bullying and stubble

But this isn’t night, this can’t be right

Slow and painful

The dimming of the light

Speak my name; remember me

This boy you fed and swaddled

But never mollycoddled

Say that you remember me

But your memories are broken

And no words can be spoken

Slow and painful

The dimming of the light

Before you go remember me

Just one more time remember me

I know now you will never

Your rooms are dark forever

Slow and painful

The dimming of the light

2. youngest_son

youngest_son Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    WOW......Top class

Hi Damian,

I read the words and thought it was very moving, then listened to it put to music on your myspace......WOW, tears in my eyes, very moving, you have a very good talent.

I for one, will definitely be buying it when it becomes available, keep us up to date.

Thank you for letting us know.

3. Damian

Damian Registered User

Jun 27, 2007
    Cheshire UK
    So glad you liked it

I found it very hard to cry when my Mum got ill, then I read some poetry online and it opened the floodgates! And it did me the world of good too
    There will be an announcement from Alzheimers Soc when it is released. Their press office will be working to promote it too
    Take care
    Damian x