Forget me not: a space to share your memories and photos

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
So another pic, forgive my indulgence. Where I’m from we do egg jarping at Easter. Mam kept this tradition going every year. So when she was in the home, I took hard boiled eggs so we could jarp. That’s what we’re doing here & having a good giggle 😊
IMG_2103.jpeg

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
So another pic, forgive my indulgence. Where I’m from we do egg jarping at Easter. Mam kept this tradition going every year. So when she was in the home, I took hard boiled eggs so we could jarp. That’s what we’re doing here & having a good giggle 😊
View attachment 69895
Another photo full of love. As an aside I remember egg jarping from my childhood. I’d completely forgotten about it!

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
These are such gorgeous photos and resonate with me and my relationship with my mum….

but please enlighten me….I have no idea what egg jarping is 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
These are such gorgeous photos and resonate with me and my relationship with my mum….

but please enlighten me….I have no idea what egg jarping is 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Thank you
It’s a bit like playing conkers I suppose, you take turns to tap each other’s eggs, the person who’s egg is left unbroken is the winner. Mam was the best at preparing the eggs, she’d dye them by tying things like onion skins around them, you’d be surprised how pretty they looked 😊

Last edited:

Christmasqueen

Jan 4, 2024
Here is my beautiful mum ( a year after diagnosis) with my dad. Today is a week since she died and I’m trying to fill my mind with pre Alzheimer’s pictures. She was the strongest woman, the most amazing mum and grandma. I am lucky to have had her in my life for 55 years but 79 just doesn’t seem long enough for a life x

Attachments

• IMG_7741.jpeg
    IMG_7741.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 94

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry for your loss @Christmasqueen

There is a section for Grieving after loss where I hope you will visit and get support from those of us who know and understand how you are feeling today.

Carmenjane

Mar 17, 2022
This is my partner, he has vascular dementia. we use “say chocolate” to get that big grin. 😆

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 90

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Here is my beautiful mum ( a year after diagnosis) with my dad. Today is a week since she died and I’m trying to fill my mind with pre Alzheimer’s pictures. She was the strongest woman, the most amazing mum and grandma. I am lucky to have had her in my life for 55 years but 79 just doesn’t seem long enough for a life x
Hi @Christmasqueen

A lovely happy picture. Your mum lives as long as you and her grandchildren and all the family and her friends remember her, so quite a way to go yet!