First Timer

Ppod

Nov 3, 2010
Hello, I am an only daughter looking after my elderly father who has had alzheimers for about 6 years now. I have had to put dad in a CH, not my choice, and there seems no end to the situation we are in . I have never used a forum before and am not looking for a misery fest, just the knowledge that I am not alone, a magic wand would be good too :confused:

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Welcome. I'm quite new too but have found everyone very supportive when I have posted a problem. In my case it is my husband who is ill but it hits us all hard. Hope you find some comfort from TP. As you say, a magic wand would be good!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello and welcome to Talking Point.

Sorry I have no magic wand but I can assure you that this Forum is great for support, advice and for the benefit of others' experiences. I am sorry to hear about your Father but be assured you are not alone.

Keep in touch and let us know how things are going for you.
Best wishes

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Ppod, a warm welcome to Talking Point, much support, understanding and advice here,whenever needed, just to chat and even to have a smile in our "Tea Room" you made sure your dad is now in safe environment - and I sure he knows this even if he can't say.....please do keep posting
Take care and best wishes
Chris x

P.S.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 451

Ppod

Nov 3, 2010
Thank you

:D

Hello Ppod, a warm welcome to Talking Point, much support, understanding and advice here,whenever needed, just to chat and even to have a smile in our "Tea Room" you made sure your dad is now in safe environment - and I sure he knows this even if he can't say.....please do keep posting
Take care and best wishes
Chris x

P.S.

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
Hello Ppod,
Welcome to TP and you are not alone.
Magic wands are so much in demand and stocks are terrible low... but hang on.;)
Keep posting and I hope you'll find comfort and warm words of wisdom from many users.
I am sorry you had to leave your Dad in a CH however believe that this is the best option and he is well looked after 24/7.
I can still remember the day I had to leave my Mom in a CH... So hard.
Don't feel guilty or anxious about yr Dad, he's been well looked after.
Courage

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi and welcome. I'm sure you'll find the forum useful. It's not a misery fest! Lots of serious stuff but also lots of light hearted threads - have a look on the Tea Room.

There's always someone around to share their experiences. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5