First time of wandering

Twinmum

Oct 20, 2013
Hi All,

I was woken at 5 am this morning by Police as my Dad had gone out during the night and was trying to break into his next door neighbors house.....

This is the first time he has ever done this, the Ambulance service came and checked him over. They could not take him to Hospital as nothing physically wrong. I am suppose to be going on Holiday tomorrow, they have given me some phone numbers to try for respite care but wonder if this can be arranged in a day. Has anyone else experience with this pls ?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hi All,

I was woken at 5 am this morning by Police as my Dad had gone out during the night and was trying to break into his next door neighbors house.....

This is the first time he has ever done this, the Ambulance service came and checked him over. They could not take him to Hospital as nothing physically wrong. I am suppose to be going on Holiday tomorrow, they have given me some phone numbers to try for respite care but wonder if this can be arranged in a day. Has anyone else experience with this pls ?
I don’t have experience of this but didn’t want to just read your post and run. If the numbers you have been given don’t work and no one else gets back to you it may help to phone the help line as the experts there may be able to point you in the right direction. I’m sure someone with experience will be along to help, but if needed the help line details are:-
National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.

Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

Good luck, I hope you get this resolved.