1. chelsea girl

chelsea girl Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    At the end of october mum (who has alzheimers) is off for a weeks respite in a CH she likes and hubby and i are going on holiday, the first one in 32 years of marriage!! In the past its always been with our sons and mum but now the youngest are 18, nearly 19 (twins) we are on our own. To say im excited is an understatement, im like a kid a christmas . We've checked everything is ok with CH, it is . Cant help but worry tho, hope nothing happens in the next two weeks to stop us going ( you know what alz is like fellow TPers, one uti and it could all be very different!!. Fingers crossed for ok health and not too much rain! ☔

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I do hope nothing happens to stop you going away chelsea girl and you have a wonderful time.

3. starryuk

starryuk Registered User

Nov 8, 2012
    Wonderful and so well deserved! Where are you off to?

4. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Lovely !!!
    Il keep my fingers crossed too

5. Pear trees

Pear trees Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    Have a lovely time, don't worry, it sounds like your mum is going to be well looked after. Enjoy your well deserved rest.

6. nannylondon

nannylondon Registered User

Apr 7, 2014
    London
    Sounds lovely Chelsea girl.your mum will be well.looked after you enjoy yourselves everyone needs a break be like a second honeymoon:):)

7. chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
    Thank you everyone. We r off to north devon, staying on an organic dairy farm in a log cabin. I know mum will b fine its just we're so far away if anything happens! Im an only child so no siblings to help! Thats why fingers crossed its all ok! ⛵

8. starryuk

starryuk Registered User

Nov 8, 2012

Oooh lovely. It sounds so romantic. Hope you enjoy every moment!

9. Rodelinda

Rodelinda Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Suffolk
    Enjoy it. Spooky coincidence but 've arranged 2 weeks respite for my Mum at the end of the month and we're going to Cornwall for 4 nights. But you beat me hands down - it's only 6 years since we've been away! LIke you though I'm just hoping my mother stays OK.

10. scattysue

scattysue Registered User

Aug 20, 2015
    Have a really lovely and restful holiday Chelsea Girl. Your mum will be fine in the CH and will be well looked after. You deserve a break xx

11. chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
    Thanks everyone. 13 days and counting....

12. loveahug

loveahug Registered User

Nov 28, 2012
    Moved to Leicester
    oh my gosh, can't imagine how excited you must be after all that time, how fantastic for you, have an amazingly fantastic time!

13. chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
    Thank you, really cant wait sooo excited☺