Financial Assessment Before Best Interest Meeting?

Frankie147

Apr 2, 2022
Does anybody know if a financial assessment should be done before a Best Interest Meeting for someone that is thought not to have the capacity to make the decisions on where they live after their hospital discharge?
Thank you in advance!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I guess if SS are going to be paying, it would be helpful for them to know ASAP as they'll be involved in - possibly - finding a care home or if not, putting a care package in place.

Do you suspect there will be a different decision once they know who will be paying? Really, a Best Interest meeting should have nothing to do with funding... but I'm not saying that doesn't happen.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Seems strange doing it that way round, but I guess if they know someone has the ability to pay, it opens up other options

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
In my case, once the SS decided my OH would be better off in a home, the placement was found, then the financial assessment was done. Financial assessment sounds grand, and it was basically forms sent in the post that I filled out and sent back. It could have been done months before, but they like to pile stress on. Sorry, but I’m still bitter.

Frankie147

Apr 2, 2022
thanks for your replies, I think I will ask her in the meeting if she should of waited before doing his financial assessment, I don’t have much faith in her so far, she cancelled our first meeting, and she has already cancelled two Best Interest Meetings, let’s wait and see what happens next week