Finances and pet care

MellieC

Jan 24, 2023
Wondered if anyone had any experience of what they have done about pets after a parent has gone into a home and the related costs of pet care?

Andy54

Sep 24, 2020
Wondered if anyone had any experience of what they have done about pets after a parent has gone into a home and the related costs of pet care?
I think you said in your original post that you were planning to take your mom's dog to visit her in the home on a regular basis. In those circumstances it could be said that visits from her dog make a contribution to your mom's emotional well being and I think it would be justified for reasonable pet care expenses to be covered to ensure that this continues.

MellieC

Jan 24, 2023
I think you said in your original post that you were planning to take your mom's dog to visit her in the home on a regular basis. In those circumstances it could be said that visits from her dog make a contribution to your mom's emotional well being and I think it would be justified for reasonable pet care expenses to be covered to ensure that this continues.
Thank you Andy for your reply, yes that's correct I take the dog in once a week and I do feel that's a really good point about emotional wellbeing as going into a home holding on to familiar things feels right to me. Thank you very reassuring feedback.