FILO

Fullticket

Apr 19, 2016
Chard, Somerset
Anyone heard of a group in Devon called FILO? Apparently they recruit individuals to host people with dementia in their own homes - picking up four people each week about 10am, taking them back to their house, giving them lunch and some 'entertainment' and taking them home again about 4pm.
Someone coming to talk to me and a n other next week but thought I'd do some research beforehand. My concern would be the corporate stuff - insurance issues, health and safety and fire risks, first aid.
Any info appreciated.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Haven't heard of it but it sounds like a small version of a day care centre, just with private hosts. Interesting concept, but I would be wary as it's rife with possible pitfalls - for a start these people would need CRB checks, first aid knowledge and a working knowledge of all the different ways dementia can express itself in. Who is organising this and also assessing PWD suitabilities for these groups?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well they are new to me too, but they seem to have taken steps to minimise problems. Why not give them a try.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5