Film - A Head Full of Honey.

Discussion in 'Books, film and music' started by Izzy, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
  2. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    It does look very good. I may or may not go to see it. I'm undecided also.

I have seen several movies about dementia. Iris with Judy Dench is the best, in my mind. The one I cordially disliked was The Notebook. The way Gena Rowlands' character switched back and forth from complete lucidity to total confusion just did not ring true. Gena Rowlands is a fine actress, but that script was a turgid, steaming mess.

3. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I also liked Iris @Canadian Joanne. To be honest it's the only one I've watched. I normally avoid films about dementia but having liked Iris Murdoch and liking Judi Dench I decided to get the DVD. I'm glad I did.

I doubt if I'll go to see this new one.

4. AliceA

AliceA Registered User

May 27, 2016
    I made myself see Iris, I had neighbours who had dementia, it was so beautifully filmed. Very sensitive to the feeling of a husband having to deal with a once important author. A brilliant brain. I think student medics and social workers should see it.