Feeling muddled

Annie7

Sep 30, 2014
My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia and Alzheimer's apx 6 months ago.
She complains constantly about feeling woosy headed or wobbly is that one of the symptoms. It doesn't seem to be her balance or ability to walk. The feelings are really bothering her and she's tells us several times a day.
Any ideas

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
May be an idea to get a Dr to check her out for your peace of mind.

Annie7

Sep 30, 2014
The doctors don't seem that helpful they just imply it's all part of the illness
but it might be worth taking her back for a check up
Thanks

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
That's exactly what my MIL used to say long before she was diagnosed. Not very helpful, I know but I suspect/think it's to do with not being able to recognise symptoms any more?

jen54

May 20, 2014
mum says quite frequently she has a "Mussy head" usually one side, or across the top of her head- but she says it is something she only has on occasions, and so wont see the GP - I do wonder if its a symptom

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Mil has for a long time, complained of a 'fuzzy' or 'cloudy' head - I mentioned it to the CPN, who said its something she has heard other dementia patients refer too, so I think it is likely to be a symptom of this awful illness :(

Annie7

Sep 30, 2014
Thanks for all your responses it's reassuring that others describe similar symptoms, at least I can tell my mum that other people feel the same.:)
The GP wasn't very helpful just looked vague at me and mum when she tried to describe it to him and didn't offer any answers

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thanks for all your responses it's reassuring that others describe similar symptoms, at least I can tell my mum that other people feel the same.:)
The GP wasn't very helpful just looked vague at me and mum when she tried to describe it to him and didn't offer any answers

I so know that vague look!!! many a time I was informing mums GPs of things they didn't know about mum and her dementia :eek: luckily all but two listened and learned :)

Sometimes it can be a side effect of some medications , have a look on the leaflets that come with any medication your mum is on. or the pharmacist at the chemist, I found ours was very knowledgeable and knew far more about medication than the DRs.

Last edited: